Thursday, October 8, 2009

What We've Been Doing

I am still trying to figure out how to balance work (and it's only four days a week!) with keeping the house and everyone in it going from day-to-day. I actually breathe a sigh of relief when I get to my desk at work in the morning because everyone is where they should be and then the anxiety starts up again at 4:00 because I know that the next three hours are going to be chaotic at best, and I'm at the mercy of how well the girls did in school - did they nap and for long enough, what their moods are going to be (mostly Lauren's on this one). I feel like I am never going to be caught up again but at least we have some semblance of a routine beginning to emerge daily. And knowing that this is how it is does make it easier to deal with, oddly enough.

One day, Marissa was so worn out from school that she fell asleep on her mat right in the middle of playing.

Since my last post, Marissa has begun eating oatmeal, and like Lauren did, she loves the stuff.

Rob's parents plus Amanda and Riley came to visit for a weekend and while it rained buckets and I thought we were going to have to send them off in an ark, it was a nice visit and Lauren and Riley had a great time together.

They started putting Marissa in the exersaucer at school so we pulled ours out and yep, she loves it!



It wouldn't be fall without a trip to the pumpkin patch and we went this past weekend. Lauren and her friends had a ball, Marissa was just happy to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since Then...

I had completely forgotten about this blog until I went down a rabbit hole of looking for a new career, researching what it takes to be a fr...