Today: SNOW! And for the second time this year, but this time we got more than we've ever gotten as long as I've been living here, almost four inches.
My cell rang at 8:00 am this morning, the girls' school was closing early. As I've experienced over the past nine years, even the chance of snow sends a panic throughout the city. We have been talking about it for two days at work, my boss even said I probably wouldn't be in on Friday, to which I laughed. I got emails from co-workers, randomly taking polls about whether I thought it would snow or not. I thought not.
I picked the girls up after lunch; Lauren was not napping during naptime and Marissa seemed to be waiting for me, already heading towards the door before I even opened it. I had them both asleep within 45 minutes of arriving home, and that's when it began. I had just made a fresh pot of coffee, and since my house was so unusually quiet, I sat on the couch and watched the flakes falling, drinking my coffee. Lauren woke up first and I made her hot cocoa; we played until Marissa woke up and Rob was on his way home by then as well. After getting Lauren all layered up to go out and play with Daddy, I was jealous. Marissa was playing in her play zone, but I was not happy being inside and watching out the windows. Before they could even begin making their snowman, Marissa and I were bundled up too and outside with them. I took some pictures, brought Marissa's jumper out to the garage and taught Lauren how to make and throw a snowball.
It was beautiful and blissful and serene.
Great snow pics! I LOVE the first one!
ReplyDelete