Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Future Book Club


Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'm home with Lauren today instead of tomorrow and I scheduled a play date with the Carters and Almstedts. Hopefully the moms are home relaxing because the kids are sleeping soundly - Harrison, Anna and Lauren ran themselves breathless after lunch. Lauren is fast asleep and I pray for two hours of quiet - I had high hopes of a nap as well but the heartburn is keeping me upright so I thought I would start our new blog. Our previous website was "corrupted" and hacked into so I took it down - I don't understand the motive behind hacking into a family's website, but it happened and now here I am, a real-live-blogger.

I took this picture after lunch, we set them free to run around while we enjoyed some key lime pie but had to investigate when things got very quiet in the front room. Here they were, each with a book from my bookshelf, looking so innocent and angelic.

They are in such a fun stage right now, becoming real little kids who can almost play with each other and not just parallel play. Lauren and Harrison sat together perfectly nicely at the table, each with their own sheet of stickers and paper, while Jenny and I were able to have a real conversation uninterrupted for ten minutes. Then Anna came and we went downstairs to the play room, where there is still a need to supervise. Sharing is getting better, but there are the occasional tugs of war over toys which are inevitable. All in all, they are good kids and I'm so glad they have each other, it's been amazing watching them turn into these little people with such big and unique personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since Then...

I had completely forgotten about this blog until I went down a rabbit hole of looking for a new career, researching what it takes to be a fr...