The past week has given us beautiful and perfect weather and there are signs of spring all around. We have a huge cherry blossom tree in our front yard and it has been in full bloom this past week, it is truly magnificent. We are getting rain now which is supposed to continue for the next four days and the petals are already beginning to fall off and cover the driveway, so even though I knew it would be short-lived, it still makes me sad to see it shed its flowers and turn into an ordinary tree again. I should name it Cinderella, Lauren would like that.
This past Sunday we were playing the backyard and Lauren picked a tiny little weed of a flower and brought it to me, saying, "Here you go, Mommy, I picked you a flower." It was the highlight of my weekend, it was the first flower she had ever picked for me. Of course, I took a picture of it.
Lauren got a tricycle for Christmas and she loves it so every chance we get, we let her "bike" to the park near the house. Rob has to push her, but she is doing really well with keeping her feet on the pedals although she hasn't quite mastered the steering thing yet. It's pretty funny because she doesn't realize she is supposed to be "driving" so on our way back home Sunday, she was very concerned about where Maggie and Harper were, the little girls down the street, as we passed by their house. She wasn't watching in front of her at all, her head was turned all the way around looking for them and asking where they were and what they were doing. All the while, she was still pedaling and holding the handlebars but Rob was having the hardest time keeping her on the sidewalk since she was steering right into someone's front yard and I was laughing so hard at the whole sight, I wasn't able to help at all. We must have been quite a sight to anyone watching.
No comments:
Post a Comment