Monday, June 8, 2009

Ewww, GROSS!!!


Lauren has discovered "GROSS", lucky for us. Yesterday I was cutting radishes and she wanted one so I handed her a small piece. She started spitting and scraping her tongue and finally declared: "Mommy, that was very GROSS." The small chunk was on the floor next to the garbage, she was too disturbed to even get it into the can.

Then today when she got home from school she walked down to the mailbox with me to get the mail. A bird has decided that he likes the vantage point from the top of our mailbox (I've seen him perching there several days now) and has done a number on it in terms of mess. Lauren asked me about it so I told her a bird made a mess there and this was her very loud reply: "No, birds, do not sit on Mommy's mailbox and poop on it! That's so GROSS!" She mumbled about it the rest of the way up to the house, she was obviously violated.

Along the same lines, and not for the faint of heart: while strolling through the grocery on Saturday morning, my little sunshine looked at me and said, "We don't eat poop." No, no we sure don't. I don't know where that came from and am not sure I want to either.

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny! Please tell Lauren we do not eat poop, either. Just in case she was wondering.

    ReplyDelete

Since Then...

I had completely forgotten about this blog until I went down a rabbit hole of looking for a new career, researching what it takes to be a fr...