

Last weekend we were at the Carters and Lauren picked up this toy that spins around and lights up and she declared, "I found a microphone". Harrison was all over that and they found a true microphone for him and proceeded to put on a real concert for us, even taking requests. They were hysterical, singing everything from "Happy Birthday" to "Itsy-Bitsy Spider". We loved it and I only wish I had my video camera! Stay tuned for tour dates in your city.

The first milestone babies are supposed to hit is smiling and it can happen anytime between four and six weeks, it is their first social interaction. As of her five week birthday, Marissa is officially social! She's also trying to talk too - when you ask her a question, she really motors her little arms and legs and works her mouth but mostly ends up just grunting. We are also officially on-the-go: Marissa and I went to a wellness doctor's appointment on Wednesday of this week and ended up cruising the aisles leisurely at Whole Foods for the better part of an hour afterward - it was so nice to read labels and take my time without anyone begging for a cupcake or trying to grab anything and everything from the shelves. We then headed to the mall on Thursday and it was the first time I've walked past the Disney Store without having to go in and I felt a twinge of guilt, I felt like I was betraying Lauren.

As I've said, Lauren is a great big sister! Here she is helping me get Marissa to sleep - holding the pacifier in (because she still can't hold it in yet) and rocking her basket, just like we do.
We went out for dinner last night, which Marissa stayed awake throughout but we still managed to enjoy. Lauren had her first restaurant dessert at the end because she was so sweet yesterday - we all shared a warm apple crisp with ice cream, it was a very good day! Here's to our friends who are at the beach this week - we are positively green with envy but will be there with you next year. Have so much fun this week, friends!!
No comments:
Post a Comment