Thursday, May 28, 2009

One Month Old...



My baby girl is already one month old, how is that possible? I think Marissa might be getting ready to smile at us; even though this is a very serious face she's wearing in the picture, she smiled at the window the other day but then again it could have been gas. She continues to sleep much of the days and although she has her moments at night, this last month has been much easier than I imagined it would be while I was pregnant. Now if only that continues..!


Yesterday at 3:00 I got an email reminder from the school that today was Hat Day. Reminder? How about first notice? I need to start picking Lauren up from school again, I'm very out of the loop plus I miss seeing my other mom friends and chatting at pick-up time. Anyhow, Lauren and I made a mad dash to the mall after dinner last night and I would say we did OK for a proper Hat Day outfit.

Last weekend was Memorial Day weekend, and I had made play dates for Lauren for each day. That came to a crashing halt on Sunday when she woke up with a nasty cough. One urgent care visit later, all plans were canceled and we went about the business of protecting Marissa from the croup - a feat that is easier said than done! Luckily, on Monday, Lauren woke up feeling and sounding much better so by that afternoon, we were all more than a little stir-crazy and ventured out for our first family outing. Armed with one stroller and child each, Rob and I managed to do a little summer clothes shopping and worked dinner in too. We went to the same place we took Lauren for her first dinner out when she was about the same age and Marissa slept through the whole experience, whereas Lauren did not at the time. That has been pretty consistent with both of these kids so far though: they are exact opposites in every sense, from sleeping to disposition to preferences. It's going to be interesting to see if that trend continues as they get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since Then...

I had completely forgotten about this blog until I went down a rabbit hole of looking for a new career, researching what it takes to be a fr...