Saturday, May 2, 2009

Lauren Meets Marissa

After two nights in the hospital with very little sleep despite a baby who slept practically around the clock, Rob and I were done with hospital life and over the nurses barging in at all hours of the night, throwing lights on and poking or prodding either Marissa or myself. So when we woke up yesterday morning, we decided to use every ounce of charm we could muster for the nurses and doctors in order to convince them to let us come home a day early. We won and were home in time to get Lauren from school and introduce her to Marissa for the first time. They hit it off immediately.



Lauren also received Bitty Baby so she could mother something of her own; she's been named Madison.


So far, so good on the new baby front. Lauren has only had one real meltdown related to the baby, and that was when Rob was feeding Marissa - Lauren wanted to be on his lap at that exact time so there were lots of tears and then lessons in sharing - it's not just for toys.

Marissa still sleeps all day and is up for several hours at night, but even that doesn't even seem unmanageable yet, and I know she'll get it all worked out eventually.

Grandma and Granddad Sager are here to help, and we really appreciate them being here. Between Lauren and Marissa, Rob and I are definitely grateful for the extra hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since Then...

I had completely forgotten about this blog until I went down a rabbit hole of looking for a new career, researching what it takes to be a fr...