Wednesday, May 6, 2009

One Week Later..

It still seems surreal that only a week ago I was just holding Marissa for the first time. She continues to sleep the days away but this morning she stayed awake for over two hours for us and seemed to be the most alert we've seen yet. She also had her first photo shoot this morning and being a model must be a tough business - she is in a deep slumber with no signs of waking up soon.


Rob's parents left yesterday morning and Rob will return to work tomorrow. I have loved having him home this past week; since Marissa has slept so much, we've gotten to spend some quality time together uninterrupted by the constant chatter of one very busy two-year-old. I am going on record right now to rave about how amazing my husband is - he hangs the moon and stars for the three of us every day and we are so blessed to have him as a husband and father.


Lauren, very busy two-year-old that she is, seems like a little girl now that Marissa is here to put things in perspective for us. Every conversation with her now seems to have something that makes us laugh out loud; I think she is developing a great sense of humor and delivery, whether she knows it or not. Like when we picked her up from school on Monday and I asked her what she had for lunch: "Green beans." Brief pause and then: "I got dirty with my green beans," in a tone that was so proud of the fact. After I recovered, I asked how so? "They had to get the wipes out for my face and fingers." Apparently that is really dirty. Did they give her a fork to use? Yes. She didn't use it? No. Again, so proud of it. And smiling at the memory of it. She is seriously too much.


This is a cookie bouquet my friend Cara sent us, isn't it beautiful? And the cookies were good too! I'm not getting any endorsement money like Oprah or anything, but these made a great gift and did I mention that they taste good?


Here's a shout out to my peeps at ML. I miss you all!!

1 comment:

  1. OK, so Lauren looks JUST like you in that picture with the baby stroller. Love the expression on her face!!

    ReplyDelete

Since Then...

I had completely forgotten about this blog until I went down a rabbit hole of looking for a new career, researching what it takes to be a fr...