Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Blurbs from the 'Burbs


This is my friend Sara. She is My Friend Who Doesn't Drink Bloody Mary's. Sara and her family (including Mimi, which I am very excited about!) are coming over this weekend for a Fourth of July cookout. I have been working on the menu and decided that I really want to make a tomato pie, except I've lost my recipe for it and emailed her to see if she had one. It then dawned on me that maybe she doesn't like tomatoes since she doesn't like Bloody Mary's. This was her reply: "I love tomatoes. A Bloody Mary tastes nothing like a tomato." This has made me laugh all morning for some reason. I will have my signature birthday one while she's running in the Peachtree Road Race - you go, girl!


Look at my big girl, she loves to make muffins on the weekends and is getting very good at it. There's hardly any mess and she takes it very seriously, she even insisted on putting on a nice shirt, skirt and matching hair bow for the occasion, even though it was only 7:00 am on a Saturday.


I put this outfit on Marissa this morning and it is too small; it appears that she has outgrown the "newborn" sized clothes, that's very sad to me. What I am not sad about is the fact that she slept for six hours last night and then four - thank you, sweet girl!!!


It is not a coincidence that all of Lauren's character toys are face down - I have been noticing them all over the house this way. Apparently they have been "put to night" which means "sleeping" in our house. There is so much going on in her little mind, it's things like this that make me stop to wonder at the world, as seen through her eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha! I'll be thinking about you drinking a disgusting Bloody Mary while I'm drinking gallons of water so I don't collapse on the side of the road! I'll take a few Bud Light Limes with dinner to celebrate your big day!

    ReplyDelete

Since Then...

I had completely forgotten about this blog until I went down a rabbit hole of looking for a new career, researching what it takes to be a fr...