Friday, July 24, 2009

Five Years


Today is my five year wedding anniversary. I'm more than a little frightened by how quickly the last five years have gone by and since they say time speeds up the older one gets, I'll be writing our ten year anniversary post next month. Seriously, though, the past five years have treated us very well, I couldn't ask for anything more. Except maybe a puppy. I'm kidding, Rob, that was a joke. I can just see the look on your face right now.

In five years, we've had two kids and two houses. Rob's had two jobs. We went from in-town to the suburbs. We buried a beloved dog. We've taken many wonderful and memorable trips. I'm on my third car since we got married. Rob still has his beloved Jeep that he bought before we even got engaged. That Jeep and his fierce loyalty to it is the epitome of why I love him - he is steadfast, a rock. He continues to be my grounding factor, he is my perfect complement. He agonizes about making decisions, which drives me insane, but it always ends up working out and for the best. He is the first person I turn to with good news or bad, mundane events or huge scoop. And that doesn't even scratch the surface of what an amazing father he is. The girls absolutely adore him, simply put. I do too.

The Brad Paisley song "Then" sums the last five years up perfectly for me: "..and I thought I loved you then." I am blessed and lucky to have Rob as my partner on this crazy journey. There is never a dull (or quiet) moment, but I don't think either of us would have it any other way. Without wishing it away, I cannot wait to see what the next five to fifty years has in store for us. Happy anniversary, Rob!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I thought I was the first person you came to with "huge scoop!" Just kidding! Happy anniversary to the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete

Since Then...

I had completely forgotten about this blog until I went down a rabbit hole of looking for a new career, researching what it takes to be a fr...