Car hours: 22.
Hours Marissa slept on the way there: 1.5.
Hours Marissa was awake on the way home: 1.5.
Times the Cars movie was viewed: 3; The Little Mermaid: 2; Tinkerbell: 1.
Number of smells lingering in the backseat that I could identify that made me pass on lunch: 3 (Lauren's congealed milk left in the car from the day before, her spilled apple juice and Marissa's car seat which was spit up on way too many times to count)
Potty breaks: no less than 15
We had a lovely weekend with Rob's family - Lauren got to spend lots of time with our niece Riley and also Kyle, our step-nephew, plus Marissa got to meet her extended family on that side. The highlight of the weekend for me, though, was going to brunch at the Officer's Club on Fort Belvoir, which sits on the Potomac River and where Rob's Dad is a member. Even though my Dad was in the military for years, I had never been on an Army base like that before and I found it to be pristine and impressive. I loved how it felt like its own little town - there didn't seem to be any reason to leave base if you were stationed there. I also imagined that the military families are very close-knit and I can see how an atmosphere like that would be a comfort when family members are deployed overseas. It has really left an impression on me and puts a real face on our military and their families.
Lauren in the window seat by our table at the Officer's Club, it was a beautiful view.
Cousins..
Grandma was in Heaven with her girls..All in all, it was a great weekend filled with family and excellent food!
I meant to tell you today that I LOVE those red and white initial T shirts all the girls have! So cute! Glad you had a good trip!
ReplyDelete